At Steele Strategies, we’re changing the way people work. Drawing on our deep and broad industry expertise, we help our clients improve their workplace strategy, change management, project management, and facilities management services. As a professional services provider, we thrive on collaboration with clients, establishing a true partnership, and working with clients to generate innovative, achievable solutions to ongoing challenges. Steele strongly believes in providing spaces and environments that improve the well-being of businesses, occupants, and the public, and we are looking for employees who support this vision.
Steele is currently seeking a full-time Workplace Change Management Senior Associate to join its Workplace Experience & Change division, which focuses on delivering workplace solutions that support new ways of working. We integrate real estate, technology, and people management practices and processes to drive efficiency, engagement, collaboration and innovation for our clients. Reporting to the Director, Workplace Experience & Change, this position will be client facing and serve as an advisor to the development of vision and strategy approaches for workplace solutions, including physical spaces, technology, and work practices and processes. This position will also take personal ownership of complex or large-scale projects and provide coaching and development to the work of more junior team members.
Our desired candidate will have direct or transferrable experience, which will enable him/her to develop and oversee change management related projects ranging in scale from small and focused to large and complex, serve as the key point of contact for stakeholder engagement, own the development of change business case and return on investment materials, and oversee the team’s development of other change materials including communications, engagement, resistance management, and reward and recognition strategies. Topic areas may include workplace strategy, office space redesign, technology deployments, move/relocation managements, change management and transition support, strategic communications, process changes, and others.
This position calls for a forward-thinking, talented professional experienced in managing multiple priorities and guiding the work of others to ensure deliverable completion and deadline management. Strong communications planning, writing and speaking skills, a deep knowledge of change management methodologies, training and development best practices, and the ability to coach and collaborate across all client levels, including serving as the key point of contact for the most senior client contacts, are essential attributes of our ideal candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Draw on experience and expertise to lead clients in the development of their vision and strategy for workplace solutions—including physical spaces, technology, and work practices and processes—to support workplace efficiency, engagement, collaboration and innovation;
- Own the change management strategy for complex/large projects, from identifying needs to developing and executing communications, training and resistance management. Leverage experience to identify obvious and non-obvious places where change management will be key to project success;
- Own the change related communication strategy for complex/large projects, from educating stakeholders to conducting townhalls/presentations, to partnering with key stakeholder groups, including serving as the main point of contact for leadership teams, and partnering with employee ambassador groups, labor unions, business partners, and external stakeholders;
- Develop and implement the training strategy for transformation projects, from conducting needs analysis for individual projects, to updating/building trainings as a result of that analysis, to delivering and facilitating training to senior audiences, and overseeing the delivery and quality of training delivered through a project’s lifecycle;
- Serve as the project management lead for complex and/or large-scale projects, provide project management troubleshooting, guidance and support to colleagues aligned with other projects;
- Coach and develop the change and project management skills of other colleagues;
- Conduct regular analysis of the impact of change management efforts on the success of workplace transformation projects, providing data-based insights on successes and opportunities for improvement;
- Oversee change-related new product development processes, such as identifying scalable tools that can build Steele’s project toolkit and playing an active role in new client cultivation and management.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or a bachelor’s degree with related work experience, required;
- Advanced degree preferred;
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in Workplace, Change Management, Communications, Stakeholder Engagement, Group Facilitation, Training Facilitation, Program Management, and Project Management;
- 7-10+ years of working on consulting projects and within collaborative teams;
- CCMP, CMAP, Prosci or other change management certification;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus;
- Demonstrated expertise with change management methodologies;
- Owned change management strategy development and execution for multiple, complex and/or large scale workplace transformations to support employee adoption of new work spaces, work practices and processes, technologies, or other aspects of workspace changes;
- Served as an advisor to the development of vision and strategy approaches for workplace solutions;
- Developed engagement strategies and programs for complex and/or large scale workplace transformations, partnering with all stakeholder groups, including leadership teams, employee ambassador groups, labor unions, business partners, and external stakeholders, etc.;
- Applied project management principles to enable successful project outcomes;
- Managed training strategy for transformation projects, from conducting needs analysis for individual projects, to updating/building trainings as a result of that analysis, to delivering and facilitating training to senior audiences, and overseeing the delivery and quality of training delivered through a project’s lifecycle;
- Managed and/or coached more junior staff on change management principles and developing high-quality, high-impact change deliverables;
- Demonstrated an ability to innovate on existing practices and protocols to improve client experience;
- Served in a new business development capacity, either as a subject matter expert or within new product development;
- Experience in supporting change management, planning, and communications for workplace renovations and relocations preferred;
- Experience working with federal government clients and federal workplace change programs preferred;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must federal meet clearance eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- Strong client/customer focus, the ability to reprioritize as project needs shift and to help others do the same, and outstanding attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate and adapt complex messages to different audiences, and coach others in doing the same;
- Ability to anticipate what needs to be done, work independently and direct the work of others
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment;
- Strong collaboration skills, especially in working within a team and overseeing the work of a team;
- Demonstrated experience in identifying trends from quantitative and qualitative analysis and using these insights to improve project work;
- Experience with MS Project in creating and maintaining project schedules;
- A proactive and resourceful approach to problem-solving;
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude;
- Space planning, design thinking, interior design experience, a plus.
- Desire to help grow Steele’s Workplace Experience & Change division.
Be 100% You.
At Steele Strategies, we know that diversity of gender, race, age, religion, identity, and ability means diversity of thought and experience. And that is the essence of innovation. We invite new perspectives. We invite YOUR perspective. We invite people to be seen, heard, and included in a team that values belonging and engagement. Have a seat at our table.