At Steele Strategies, we’re changing the way people work. Drawing on our deep and broad industry expertise, we help our clients improve their workplace strategy, change management, project management, and facilities management services. As a professional services provider, we thrive on collaboration with clients, establishing a true partnership, and working with clients to generate innovative, achievable solutions to ongoing challenges. Steele strongly believes in providing spaces and environments that improve the well-being of businesses, occupants, and the public, and we are looking for employees who support this vision.
Steele is currently seeking a full-time Training & Development Coordinator to join its Workplace Experience & Change division. Reporting to the Director, Workplace Experience & Change, this position handles full in-house curriculum development as well as course design, delivery and evaluation. Training development and delivery may include classroom workshops, special events, change management strategies, training materials, job aids, and/or self-paced and mediated instruction for adult learners with varying levels of familiarity with the material being taught. The role also contributes to the strategic direction of the training function, providing input on the function’s strategic plan, providing briefings to management in support of training investments, and conducting evaluations to understand the impact of training
Our desired candidate will have direct or transferrable experience with training needs assessment, curriculum and course development, training delivery and facilitation, and training evaluation. Topics may include change management, transition management, workplace technology, work practices, process changes, relocations, and other aspects of workplace transformation.
This position calls for a forward-thinking, talented professional with training and facilitation experience and the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities. Strong presentation skills, familiarity with adult learning principles, and the ability to coach and collaborate with stakeholders at all organizational levels are essential attributes of our ideal candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conduct learning needs analysis and requirements gathering to develop training strategies and implement training plans that support employee adoption of new workspaces, work practices and processes, technologies, and other aspects of workplace transformation;
- Design, develop, pilot and deliver customized adult learning programs that drive short-term and long-term behavior adoption and sustained change;
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions through diverse methods including, but not limited to instructor-led classroom training, e-learning, blended programs, webinars and/or individual interventions;
- Manage and disseminate event invitations, calendar announcements, participant notifications, and technical logistics. Communicate with project points of contact about session logistics and details;
- Record and edit audio and video for virtual meetings, webinars, and online tutorials;
- Evaluate and document impact and results of training and development programs; gather qualitative and quantitative data and feedback from participants; debrief stakeholders and management as needed;
- Drive follow-through on transfer of learning and application of knowledge, skills and abilities toward the adoption of new work practices and behaviors;
- Train personnel to serve in train the trainer roles within each transitioning project office.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, organization development, communications, human resources, or other related field with at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a professional training position;
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and theories;
- Relevant knowledge and experience in developing, and delivering training curriculum through diverse methods and using a variety of modern tools and resources;
- Experience with training evaluation models and how to effectively measure the effectiveness and impact of training interventions using metrics;
- Understanding of change management principles, alternative workplace strategies, and flexible work environments;
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively with all levels of stakeholders and business partners;
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities;
- Experience working within the federal government landscape, understanding of resource constraints (i.e. funding, technology, firewalls, etc.), and familiarity with how to leverage existing federal training opportunities a plus;
- Hands on experience using Adobe Connect or other virtual classroom technologies a plus;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must federal meet clearance eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, group facilitation, and organizational skills;
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear, concise content for varied audiences;
- Ability to develop and prepare visually appealing training presentations and materials;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks;
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment;
- A proactive and resourceful approach to problem-solving;
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude;
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Desire to help grow Steele’s Workplace Experience & Change division.
Be 100% You.
At Steele Strategies, we know that diversity of gender, race, age, religion, identity, and ability means diversity of thought and experience. And that is the essence of innovation. We invite new perspectives. We invite YOUR perspective. We invite people to be seen, heard, and included in a team that values belonging and engagement. Have a seat at our table.