Steele Strategies is an emerging woman-owned small business working in the federal government and commercial sectors. We believe that organizations are only as successful as the strength of the people that work for them, and we are looking for someone who can adopt and promote our contagious culture and contribute to building something amazing.
Steele is seeking an experienced business development professional to focus and grow our federal government and commercial sector client base. The Director, Business Development will contribute to the development and execution of the strategic plan of the company, perform assessments of target clients and research specific upcoming opportunities, research information about the competition in this market, and develop relationships with key team members and potential partners.
This full-time position will create and subsequently deliver business development presentations, manage proposals, and contribute to writing and pricing efforts. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and collaborating across Steele’s lines of business, this role is critical to the continued growth and propagation of Steele’s reputation for innovation and proven results in the field of workplace transformation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Schedule and visit prospective clients and facilitate the organization of meetings between clients and company leadership;
- Oversee the production of technical proposals and collaborate with internal teams. Perform reviews of proposals and business development deliverables;
- Coordinate proposal development, budget assessment, and price to win analyses for major proposals. Coordinate proposal reviews on price and fee development;
- Manage and direct proposal team related to planning and development of US Federal Government proposals;
- Guide the development of marketing materials for Steele’s business offerings;
- Network with potential clients and employees from other companies;
- Attend conferences and trade shows;
- Perform research into the market, customer trends, and competition in the market;
- Keep up to date with overall federal market trends.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BS in Business Administration, Marketing, Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, or other related business degree;
- 10+ years of experience in Business Development or other experience with sales and/or marketing;
- Ability to establish and develop a business pipeline, Business Development processes/policies, and proposal processes from current start-up state.
- Understanding of workplace design principles is a plus;
- Experience working with federal government clients;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must federal meet clearance eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- Strong commercial and new business development orientation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, influencing and relationship building;
- Excellent writing skills, including marketing finesse and creativity in promoting the Steele brand;
- Client/customer focus with a sense of urgency and outstanding attention-to-detail;
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance;
- Strong collaboration skills, especially in working within a team;
- A proactive and resourceful approach to problem-solving;
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude;
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while keeping objectives in sight;
- Desire to help grow Steele’s business.
Be 100% You.
At Steele Strategies, we know that diversity of gender, race, age, religion, identity, and ability means diversity of thought and experience. And that is the essence of innovation. We invite new perspectives. We invite YOUR perspective. We invite people to be seen, heard, and included in a team that values belonging and engagement. Have a seat at our table.