Workplace Change Management Associate
At Steele Strategies, we’re changing the way people work. Drawing on our deep and broad industry expertise, we help our clients improve their workplace strategy, change management, project management, and facilities management services. As a professional services provider, we thrive on collaboration with clients, establishing a true partnership, and working with clients to generate innovative, achievable solutions to ongoing challenges. Steele strongly believes in providing spaces and environments that improve the well-being of businesses, occupants, and the public, and we are looking for employees who support this vision.
Steele is currently seeking a full-time Workplace Change Management Associate to join its Workplace Experience & Change division, which focuses on delivering workplace solutions that support new ways of working. We integrate real estate, technology, and people management practices and processes to drive efficiency, engagement, collaboration and innovation for our clients. Reporting to the Director, Workplace Experience & Change, this position will be client facing and will support clients in the development and execution of vision and strategy for workplace solutions, including physical spaces, technology, and work practices and processes.
Our desired candidate will have direct or transferable experience, which will enable him/her to develop change management strategies, serve as a key team member for large scale and/or complex projects, including working with clients to develop the business case for change, managing stakeholder relationships, creating engagement strategies, developing resistance-related materials, designing and executing communications strategies, and implementing reward and recognition strategies. Topic areas may include workplace strategy, office space redesign, technology deployments, move/relocation managements, change management and transition support, strategic communications, process changes, and others.
This position calls for a forward-thinking, talented professional with the ability to independently execute work across multiple, simultaneous priorities. Strong communications planning, writing and speaking skills, knowledge of change management methodologies, experience with training and facilitation, and the ability to coach and collaborate with key stakeholders at all organizational levels are essential attributes of our ideal candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with clients in the development of vision and strategy for workplace solutions—including physical spaces, technology, and work practices and processes—to support workplace efficiency, engagement, collaboration and innovation;
- Develop communication plans and engagement strategies, such as focus groups, surveys and/or interviews, to inform stakeholders, and solicit feedback from various stakeholder groups, including leadership teams, employee ambassador groups, labor unions, business partners, and external stakeholders;
- Design change management strategies and implement change management plans to support employee adoption of new spaces, work practices and processes, technologies, or other aspects of workspace changes;
- Develop and implement training plans and programs to support staff in adapting to workplace changes;
- Develop briefing documents, reports, and presentations;
- Provide support to integrated project teams comprised of space designers, information technology, security, human resources, movers, logistics, and/or other operations groups or service providers;
- Solicit feedback, develop evaluations and measure success of change management, communications, and training programs;
- Identify scalable tools that can build Steele’s project toolkit.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or Bachelor’s degree with related work experience, required;
- 3-10 years of demonstrated experience in Workplace Change Management, Communications, Stakeholder Engagement, Group Facilitation, Training Facilitation, Program Management, and Project Management;
- 3+ years of working on consulting projects and within collaborative teams;
- CCMP, CMAP, Prosci or other change management certification preferred;
- Demonstrated familiarity with change management methodologies;
- Developed change management strategies to support employee adoption of new work spaces, business practices and processes, technologies, or other aspects of workplace changes, either independently or as part of a project team for complex, large-scale transformation;
- Served as key team member for large scale and/or complex projects, including working with clients to develop the business case for change, managing stakeholder relationships, creating engagement strategies, developing resistance-related plans and materials, designing and executing communications strategies, and implementing reward and recognition plans;
- Supported clients in the development and execution of vision and strategy for workplace solutions, including physical spaces, furniture, technology, and business practices and processes;
- Built communication plans and engagement strategies to inform stakeholders, managed processes for soliciting feedback from various stakeholder groups, including conducting focus groups, interviews and/or administering surveys;
- Developed and implemented training plans and programs to support staff in adapting to workplace changes;
- Solicited feedback, and measured success of change management, communications, and training programs;
- Supported change management, planning, and communications for workplace renovations and relocations a plus;
- Experience working with federal government clients and federal workplace change programs a plus;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must federal meet clearance eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- Client/customer focus with a sense of urgency and outstanding attention-to-detail;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate and adapt complex messages to a variety of audiences;
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance;
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment;
- Strong collaboration skills, especially in working within a team;
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- A proactive and resourceful approach to problem-solving;
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude;
- Desire to help grow Steele’s Workplace Experience & Change division.
Steele Strategies is an equal opportunity employer.