At Steele Strategies, we’re changing the way people work. Drawing on our deep and broad industry expertise, we help our clients improve their workplace strategy, change management, project management, and facilities management services. As a professional services provider, we thrive on collaboration with clients, establishing a true partnership, and working with clients to generate innovative, achievable solutions to ongoing challenges. Steele strongly believes in providing spaces and environments that improve the well-being of businesses, occupants, and the public, and we are looking for employees who support this vision.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR::
Steele is currently seeking a Junior Architect, Engineer, or Construction Manager (A/E) to join its Facilities and Design division. Reporting to the Director, Facilities & Design, this full-time position will be client facing (located in Washington DC) and will be strong in requisite design/construction knowledge as well as the ability to understand and advocate for best practice solutions, develop building performance strategies, and convey complex concepts to clients. Typical work activities include design reviews, technical writing of specifications and standards, and discussion of facility requirements with users. Types of facilities include workspaces, operational spaces, and campuses. Work activities may include design and design coordination in the future as Steele’s capacity evolves.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide technical expertise to the client in the areas of architecture, engineering or construction management/assessment.
- Support clients in the writing and coordination of facility systems requirements that leverage changes in technology, organizational culture, architecture and engineering systems, and business practices.
- Conduct reviews of conceptual, schematic, and full construction drawing sets, specifications, contractor submittals, and construction in progress.
- Support the development of design standards through requirement validation, stakeholder outreach, and industry standard integration.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-4+ years of demonstrated experience in either architecture, engineering, construction management or a combination thereof.
- 1+ years of working on consulting projects and within collaborative teams.
- Experience with technical writing and data management software, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working with federal government clients preferred.
- Master’s degree, a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must meet federal clearance eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- Strong collaboration skills, especially in working within a team.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- A proactive and resourceful approach to problem-solving.
- Keen consultative and advisory skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise guidance.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Desire to help grow Steele’s business.
Be 100% You.
At Steele Strategies, we know that diversity of gender, race, age, religion, identity, and ability means diversity of thought and experience. And that is the essence of innovation. We invite new perspectives. We invite YOUR perspective. We invite people to be seen, heard, and included in a team that values belonging and engagement.
Have a seat at our table.