Business Development Director
At Steele Strategies, we’re changing the way people work. Drawing on our deep and broad industry expertise, we help our clients improve their workplace strategy, change management, project management, and facilities management services. As a professional services provider, we thrive on collaboration with clients, establishing a true partnership, and working with clients to generate innovative, achievable solutions to ongoing challenges. Our workplace strategy, change management, project management, and facilitates management services focus on moving organizations not the future by delivering workplace and workplace solutions supportive of new ways of working. Steele strongly believes in providing spaces and environments that improve the well-being of businesses, occupants, and the public, and we are looking for employees who support this vision.
Steele Strategies is an emerging woman-owned small business working in the federal government and commercial sectors. We believe that organizations are only as successful as the strength of the people that work for them, and we are looking for someone who can adopt and promote our contagious culture and contribute to building something amazing.
Steele is seeking an experienced business development professional to focus and grow our federal government and commercial sector client base. The Director, Business Development will contribute to the development and execution of the strategic plan of the company, perform assessments of target clients and research specific upcoming opportunities, research information about the competition in this market, and develop relationships with key team members and potential partners.
This full-time position will create and subsequently deliver business development presentations, manage proposals, and contribute to writing and pricing efforts. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and collaborating across Steele’s lines of business, this role is critical to the continued growth and propagation of Steele’s reputation for innovation and proven results in the field of workplace transformation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Schedule and visit prospective clients and facilitate the organization of meetings between clients and company leadership;
- Oversee the production of technical proposals and collaborate with internal teams. Perform reviews of proposals and business development deliverables;
- Coordinate proposal development, budget assessment, and price to win analyses for major proposals. Coordinate proposal reviews on price and fee development;
- Manage and direct proposal team related to planning and development of US Federal Government proposals;
- Guide the development of marketing materials for Steele’s business offerings;
- Network with potential clients and employees from other companies;
- Attend conferences and trade shows;
- Perform research into the market, customer trends, and competition in the market;
- Keep up to date with overall federal market trends.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BS in Business Administration, Marketing, Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, or other related business degree;
- 10+ years of experience in Business Development or other experience with sales and/or marketing;
- Ability to establish and develop a business pipeline, Business Development processes/policies, and proposal processes from current start-up state.
- Understanding of workplace design principles is a plus;
- Experience working with federal government clients;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must federal meet clearance eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- Strong commercial and new business development orientation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, influencing and relationship building;
- Excellent writing skills, including marketing finesse and creativity in promoting the Steele brand;
- Client/customer focus with a sense of urgency and outstanding attention-to-detail;
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance;
- Strong collaboration skills, especially in working within a team;
- A proactive and resourceful approach to problem-solving;
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude;
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while keeping objectives in sight;
- Desire to help grow Steele’s business.
Steele Strategies is an equal opportunity employer.